Here are some recent items cut and pasted from the Two Coats Twitter Feed. For readers unfamiliar with Twitter, “RT” indicates the item has been repeated, or “retweeted,” from someone else’s Twitter feed. The “@” symbol indicates another Twitter user.
- Video: Aruna D’Souza talks about feminist artists, gender and institutional bias @MuseumModernArt http://bit.ly/bhrotB 4 minutes ago
Alvin Baltrop photograph
- Great show//RT @kvvnrggn: Come to Famous Accountants and groove on Alvin Baltrop with us. We’ll be here until 6 PM. Yes. about 2 hours ago
- Disturbing: American Electra @harpers by Susan Faludi // On Feminism’s ritual matricide http://bit.ly/cyATHw about 3 hours ago
- I love getting up on Sundays mornings and checking out the painting progress from Saturday night. about 8 hours ago
- @vvork posted paintings by Günther Förg http://bit.ly/98BeZ2 and Silvia Bächli http://bit.ly/d06FOR last week. about 22 hours ago
Number 318: Christian Herzig (1975, Bad Salzungen, Germany)
- Great blog from Amsterdam: A Thousand Living Painters http://bit.ly/afyPk6 about 23 hours ago
Here I am (in blue) with Austin Thomas (at left) and Culture Pundits mastermind Barry Hoggard at Thomas’s STOREFRONT opening on Friday night. Photo: Jason Andrew
“”This is a wonderful show. It embraces you even as it says to go fuck yourself. Perfect in the small space.” —Judith Braun, artist and season 1 “Work of Art” contestant
- Austin Thomas at STOREFRONT http://twitpic.com/2peklo 7:16 PM Sep 17th
- RT @artfagcity: raising $10,000 to produce a record w/ over 40 different artists. Help spread the word! http://bit.ly/cuUsu4 #soundofart 3:42 PM Sep 16th
- Yes. Yes I do. //RT @hragv: You know you want to enter the Hyperallergic tshirt contest, admit it…ADMIT IT! http://tumblr.com/xi6iqnxd0 3:42 PM Sep 16th
- WESLEYAN UNIVERSITY. Digital Media Visiting Artist. Two-year appointment, non-renewable. Start July 1, 2011 http://bit.ly/9fOhw8
- Two Coats house band Conversion Party gets some love, compared to Arcade Fire, Broken Social Scene, and Wolf Parade http://bit.ly/aoMtjP
- Thinking, well, critically about “Critical Thinking” http://bit.ly/649OJz
Michele Araujo, work in progress.
- Studio visit in DUMBO w Michele Araujo http://twitpic.com/2ly3eo 6:10 PM Sep 6th
- Thanks @TylerGreenDC for writing about the dearth of women in the NGA collection. http://bit.ly/aUp4M2
- Separtated at birth: John Locke and Loren Munk #finallywatchingLOSTonnetflix
- Thanks everyone for adding Two Coats of Paint to your course websites and syllabi this semester.