ADVERTISING at Two Coats of Paint
Launched in 2007, Two Coats of Paint is a NYC-based online publication and social media hub. We publish a blogazine that has an emphasis on painting and contemporary art, and we maintain substantial Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook communities. Two Coats provides an engaged niche audience for arts organizations, galleries, and other members of the art community who advertise and sponsor social media posts.
Two Coats of Paint is supported through advertising sponsorships and also generous reader contributions (fiscal sponsorship through Fractured Atlas–all donations are tax deductible). In 2014 and 2016, we received grants from the Creative Capital /Warhol Foundation Arts Writing Program in recognition of excellence. In 2016 Two Coats was selected as one of the top ten art websites by Time Out New York.
Banner ad (250h x 970w) The banner is located at the top of the content.
Large ad (600h x 300w) Located in the sidebar.
Square ad (300h x 300w) Located in the sidebar.
Small ad (125h × 300w)Located in the sidebar.
Newsletter ads (300 x 300) Embed your ad directly in our email newsletter, which goes out to subscribers three times a week.
NOTE: All ads include a link to your website.
300 words, two images
Sponsored essays, like regular articles, appear within the content area and are distributed to all RSS Feed subscribers. Because they become part of the Two Coats of Paint searchable archive, sponsored essays are collaborative, carefully curated, and by invitation only. Please send a note expressing interest in supporting blog content in this manner.
Two Coats of Paint reserves the right to decline any advertisement. In the event of an error, we will rerun a corrected ad.
For more information about opportunities and ad rates on Two Coats of Paint, please contact
Email: email@example.com–please put ADVERTISING in subject area
Two Coats of Paint has belonged to two wonderful advertising networks: Culture Pundits and Nectar Ads. Most of the organizations listed below advertised across these networks. Culture Pundits (member, 2007-11) was founded by Barry Hoggard and James Wagner, and Nectar Ads (member, 2011-2016) was founded by Veken Gueyikian and Hrag Vartanian. Nectar Ads included Two Coats of Paint, Art F City, Art Market Monitor, Big Red & Shiny, Colossal, Hyperallergic, Listings Project, Rhizome, Spoon & Tamago, and Vandalog. In 2016, Two Coats of Paint left Nectar Ads and started an independent advertising initiative.
Previous advertisers have included:
Schools & MFA Programs
- School of Visual Arts
- Pratt University
- SUNY Purchase
- Queens College (CUNY)
- VCU – Virginia Commonwealth University
- MICA – Maryland Institute College of Art
- RISD – Rhode Island School of Design
- Minneapolis College of Art & Design
- 92Y School of the Arts
- The City College of NY
- American University
- OCAD U
- New York Studio School
- International Center of Photography
- Massachusetts College of Art and Design
- Pacific Northwest College of Art
- Emily Carr University
- Claremont Graduate University
- Columbus College of Art and Design
- Fashion Institute of Technology
- Studio Art Centers International (SACI)
- Transart Institute
- Danube University Krems
- Tyler School of Art
- Hunter College
- Brooklyn College
- University of Connecticut MFA Program
- Maine College of Art
- Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts
- LeRoy E. Hoffberger School of Painting
- Elizabeth Stone Harper Gallery at Presbyterian College
- Savannah College of Art and Design
- Garis & Hahn
- BOSI Contemporary
- Mixed Greens
- Curator’s Office
- Corey Helford Gallery
- Storefront Bushwick
- Elizabeth Foundation for the Arts
- Norte Maar
- Drive-By Projects
- The Painting Center
- Schoolhouse Gallery
- Able Baker Contemporary
- Sideshow Gallery
- Paradice Palase
Museums & Cultural Institutions
- MOMA (Museum of Modern Art)
- Guggenheim Museum
- Brooklyn Museum
- Asia Society Museum
- New-York Historical Society
- Brooklyn Academy of Music
- Film Society of Lincoln Center
- Mattress Factory
- Pulitzer Foundation for the Arts
- Sharpe-Walentas Studio Program
- Art in DUMBO
- Bascom Lodge
- Garrison Art Center
- Textile Arts Center
- Pelham Arts Center
- Golden Foundation for the Arts
- Silvermine Arts Center