A German Impressionist, Corinth was a member and leader of the Berlin Secession, an artists’ group that was founded in 1898 as an alternative to the more conservative Association of Berlin Artists. The drawing pictured above entered the DIA collection in 1966 from the Allen Frumkin Gallery, which had branches in New York and Chicago.
Here’s an experimental 1922 movie in which Corinth paints a view of the Klopfstockstrasse in front of his house:
Two Coats of Paint is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution – Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License. To use content beyond the scope of this license, permission is required.