I’d like to take a minute to thank Two Coats of Paint’s April sponsors. These organizations, individuals, and companies are committed to supporting online arts writing, so be sure to show them some love. (Image above: Two Coats of Paint’s new Seattle artist pals Sharon Arnold and Ryan Molenkamp, who took me to Smarty Pants to sample some local micro brews. Many thanks to them, too. But more about Sharon and Ryan tomorrow.)
- ArtPrize – Part art competition, part social experiment that awards $560,000 total in prizes; registration through May 24.
- Pulse Art Fair – Pulse New York runs May 3–6, 2012, at The Metropolitan Pavilion, 125 West 18th Street, New York.
- BAMart Silent Auction – Auction featuring over 100 artworks, with proceeds to benefit the Brooklyn Academy of Music and its programs
- Saatchi Online – Online gallery that connects artists and art lovers directly: discover art, get discovered.
- Dumbo Arts Festival – Brooklyn’s biggest arts event takes over Brooklyn’s waterfront with visual arts, music, and literature on 9/28-30.
- Norte Maar – Community-building nonprofit organization with an emphasis on collaborative projects
- UncommonGoods – Cool and unusual gifts for any occasion.
- Adam Lindemann – Follow what the New York Observer columnist is seeing and reading at his site.
- Storefront Bushwick – Bushwick gallery currently featuring artists Carol Salmanson and Stephen Traux
- Unnamed Broadway Musical: The Musical! – An experimental, legally questionable restaging of an orphan-themed Broadway musical, at EFA Project Space
- Pernod Art & Absinthe Guide – A handy mobile app that lists galleries, events and bars serving Pernod in Brooklyn
- Artspan – Contemporary art destination and service providing totally customizable artist websites
- FIT Art Market MA Program – The group exhibition “No Other Medicine” is now on view at NY Studio Gallery through May 19
- “Oh hey. What’s going on?” – a project by artist Jesus Benavente
- Art Systems – Professional art gallery, antiques and collections management software
- Tyler Summer Painting & Sculpture Intensives – 7-week immersion program for artists interested in developing their work in a challenging and supportive environment
- 950 Hart Gallery – The Lowbrow Society Smut! Show, a public celebration of private affairs, May 4–5.
- Claremont Graduate University MFA – A highly focused graduate-only studio-art program
If your organization is interested in advertising on Two Coats of Paint, please get in touch with Nectar Ads, the Art Ad Network.
Subscribe to Two Coats of Paint by email.