Here are some recent items cut and pasted from the Two Coats Twitter Feed. For readers unfamiliar with Twitter, “RT” indicates the item has been repeated, or “retweeted,” from someone else’s Twitter feed. The “@” symbol indicates that I’m referring to another Twitter-er.
1. TOP STORY: The doubter in my family finally embraces blogging after all these years. “Christ, it’s easy to imagine how you could become a linking, blogging fool. It’s like an opinionated study guide.”Um, yeah. // His first post is up @Harpers http://harpers.org/archive/2011/05/hbc-90008082
3. Carol Diehl writes about her ongoing project–the longest performance art piece ever executed. She calls it “Life.” Hilarious. http://bit.ly/jt5RoV
4. Blogging painter Joanne Mattera’s show, “Diamond Life,” at Marcia Wood in Atlanta (Installation image above). The show is up through May 28, 2011. For more installation shots check out Joanne’s blog: http://bit.ly/mI5G1f
5. Two Coats of Paint can be your bff on Facebook. Like Two Coats and all the new posts will appear automatically in your FB newsfeed. http://on.fb.me/9Ofdu3
7. Had lunch with a delegation of artists from a university in China. They say A WW is simply a tax evading attention seeker who’s ruining things for the rest of the artists in China. Who knew.
8. Ran into Rubin Nakian’s son on 57th Street today http://bit.ly/fBY5Vz
9. Once more: this show is EXCELLENT (image above) “70 Years of Abstract Painting” at Jason McCoy http://j.mp/gDz2pR
10. I’m at the Malevich and the Americans show at Gagosian, drowning in testosterone.
14. Or take my course and learn how to blog/use social networking media this summer. Online at MassArt. http://bit.ly/lUYigk
Two Coats of Paint is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution – Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License. To use content beyond the scope of this license, permission is required.