Here are some recent items cut and pasted from the Two Coats Twitter Feed. For readers unfamiliar with Twitter, “RT” indicates the item has been repeated, or “retweeted,” from someone else’s Twitter feed. The “@” symbol indicates another Twitter user.
Christopher Joy, Untitled, 2011, oil on canvas on wood, 3 x 4′
1. This morning Zachary Keeting and Christopher Joy from Gorky’s Granddaughter are stopping by for a studio visit. 5:36 AM Apr 9th
2. So many things to disagree w, so little time MT @: on painting and advancement in art, with pictures 10:15 AM Apr 8th
Iain Andrews, “The Eat Me,” 2010, acrylic on canvas, 500 mm x 600 mm
3. Iain Andrews wins the 2010 Marmite Prize for Painting Other artists: 8:08 AM Apr 8th
, “Ferry,” 2010, oil on canvas (detail). 16″x12″
5. A 2009 film about London artworld that makes your skin crawl. Art curated by Damien Hirst 9:53 AM Apr 7th
7. Did I already invite everyone to this? I can’t remember (Post has been updated w installation shots) // 5:59 PM Apr 5th
Nancy Spero, “Female Bomb,“ 1966, gouache and ink on paper, 86.4 x 68.6 cm. Collection of Barbara Lee, Cambridge, MA, USA
8. Nancy Spero at Serpentine Gallery through May 2 3:19 PM Apr 4th
Susanna Heller, “East River Drop,” 2008, oil on canvas, 45 x 50″
9. Love her work//MT @ art pick at the New York Sun: Susanna Heller at John Davis 12:40 PM Apr 4th
10. Lights, microphones, cozy dark bar: I performed onstage (volunteers please?) yesterday w The Alpine Rooster about 24 hours ago.
Two Coats of Paint is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution – Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License. To use content beyond the scope of this license, permission is required.